Create the future of retail with us
We are …
- the IT Innovation unit of ALDI SOUTH.
- your access point to one of the largest retail companies worldwide.
Our task …
- identify innovative solutions.
- collaborate with startups developing prototypes
- and minimum-viable products (MVPs),
- and, ideally, scale them throughout the ALDI SOUTH Group.
Our offer …
- access to more than 6,500 stores around the globe (Europe, America, Asia, Australia).
- the capacity to test your technology solutions quickly with real users under real-world conditions.
- a designated contact person and project manager from the very beginning (we are always at your side).
- the opportunity to scale your solution throughout ALDI SOUTH Group.
ALDI SOUTH COUNTRIES
ALDI SOUTH EMPLOYEES
- Initial response within one week
- Selection process
Build, Measure, Learn
- Collaborative development of a prototype or MVP
- Pilot in a real-world scenario
Scale and Partner
- Launch and integration into the ALDI system landscape
- Extending the partnership
OUR CURRENT FOCUS
Computer Vision-Based Product Recognition
- Application of Machine Learning/AI and Computer Vision to the brick and mortar retail context
- Solutions to identify our products based on visual information only
- Includes applications of recognition of barcodes, QR-codes, labels, language, 3D objects
- Creation of digital product models and similar digital assets
- Can be part of a customer facing service or app, such as displaying additional information to the customer or similar
Sensor-Based Item Monitoring in Stores
- Real Time (near-real time) or intermittent monitoring of items stock levels inside our stores
- Including solutions that provide reliable approximations (as opposed to 100% monitoring)
- Solution should be scalable to thousands of stores without incurring prohibitive hardware costs
- Equipping carts, shelves, aisles, ceilings or other store furniture/hardware with sensors.
Other Applications of AI/ML in retail
- We are open to discuss your AI technology solutions for retail.